Crossville Housing Authority
Crossville Housing Authority
What is the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program?
The Section 8 Rental Voucher Program increases affordable housing choices for very low-income households by allowing families to choose privately owned rental housing. The local public housing authority generally pays the landlord the difference between 30 percent of household income and the PHA-determined payment standard.

Applicants must be low-income and meet other program requirements. Housing must be inspected by the Section 8 department for compliance with HUD quality standards.

Housing can include:
  • Single-Family Homes
  • Townhouses
  • Mobile Homes and
  • Apartments

A family that is issued a housing voucher is responsible for finding a suitable housing unit of the family's choice where the owner agrees to rent under the program. The unit must meet the standards for the program (size for the family, rent charged, lease, landlord, etc.) within the Crossville Housing Authority jurisdiction. A housing subsidy is paid to the landlord directly by the Crossville Housing Authority on behalf of the participating family. The family then pays the difference between the actual rent charged by the landlord and the amount subsidized by the program.

Am I eligible?
To qualify for Section 8 you must be a low-income person (below 50% of the Area Median Income). The Crossville Housing Authority can provide you with the income levels for your area and family size, or you can also find the income limits on the internet.

View Income limits for your county:
Cumberland County
Bledsoe County
Fentress County
Roane County
Rhea County
How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for public housing, contact the Crossville Housing Authority. Applications can be picked at the CHA office or can be mailed or emailed to you. An application interview time must be scheduled.